Friday, February 5, 2010

Poop in the Potty

After a promise last week of a cookie for pooping on the potty, Mr. Mister has been trying his best to do just that. On Wednesday, he did it for the first time and shouted, "I pooped! Cookie! Cookie!" Oh, the power of rewards (or is it bribery?). Of course, I wasn't really expecting this to happen so we didn't have cookies and it was right before his nap, so if we had them I didn't want to give him one. So he got animal crackers, which I just called animal cookies, and he was perfectly happy.

Actually, he was happy enough to try again every time he sat on the potty. So the next day he worked really hard but didn't get anything out. After giving up the effort, he told me, "I tried to poop but it didn't work!"

So we are making slow progress in the potty training area. I tried last week to go cold turkey and let him run around without a diaper on. After cleaning up two accidents, I put the diaper back on and we'll try again next week. My main goal is that he would be out of diapers by the time Baby #2 comes in May, but every time I buy diapers (which at size 6 gets really expensive) I vow that it's the last pack I'm buying. We'll see.

No comments: