Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Elbow

If you've been around Mr. Mister in the past few months, I'm sure you've seen him drop the elbow on Daddy. It's his favorite wrestling move and thankfully, he's learned pretty well who he can and cannot do it to.

(If you are unfamiliar with dropping the elbow, it's an old professional wrestling move. Here's a You Tube video that will show you what it looks like. You only need to watch the first few seconds though, because the whole thing is 3 minutes of the same move.)

So anyway, before his nap today, we were reading a Dora book and there was a picture of Dora standing next to Boots, who was sleeping. He said, "Dora's gonna drop the elbow on Boots!" It made me laugh and I gently explained that I don't think that's what was going on.

I love having a boy...even if all the rough housing isn't always my style (that's why dads are great!). While boundaries are necessary in life, I think it is so important to let boys be boys. It is definitely easier said than done sometimes, but I really believe it is freeing and life giving and allows them to be who they were created to be, even if I don't always understand!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

hahahaahahahahahaa love it

none said...

Wow- having a boy is a totally different world...