Monday, February 8, 2010

Feeling the Pain

I'm beginning my third trimester and the pain is setting in. I've started experiencing some heartburn and some not-so-fun pain in my butt (literally) that from what I read is technically lower back pain. I mostly feel it when I've been too active or on my feet too much during the day. Like if I work out or go the the grocery store and clean the house combined with playing with Mr. Mister, my rear end is screaming by the end of the night. I just noticed the other day that I think I'm carrying a lot lower this pregnancy, so I'm sure that contributes to the increased pain. But, since I never got sick and have had a really great pregnancy up until now, I can't complain. I just think this is when reality sets in. Everything only gets bigger from here!

On a somewhat related note, I think that all stores should have close parking for expectant mothers or those with small children. Some of the stores near us do and it is so wonderful. Not only now that I'm getting bigger and appreciate not having to walk so far, but even more so when I have Mr. Mister with me. Even just having a couple spots reserved would be helpful, after the handicap parking, of course. Which brings me to one more tangent - I find it interesting that we still call it handicap parking, when that word is extremely outdated when talking about people with disabilities. Just a thought.

4 comments:

hawleykj said...

i remember that butt pain with both boys. it was killer! and of course, as with everything in pregnancy, not much you can do for it. i found a stretch that helped... i think it was sitting on the floor, one leg out and the other leg over the first leg... we used to do this stretch in volleyball, remember? of course, your leg won't go as far over with a big old belly, but I think that's what helped. if it doesn't work, let me know and i'll think about it more and talk to my friend who had the same issue.

Elizabeth said...

DONT WORK OUT ANYMORE!! Getting out of bed is enough of a workout!!

Megan said...

haha Elizabeth's comment is funny:) Can't wait to see you guys on Thursday! I'll run after Mr. Mister for you! I'm only in the second trimester...it's supposed to be when you have all your energy right???

Lindsey said...

You'll be happy to know that the law does NOT consider pregnancy to be a disability : )