Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Outdoorsmen

I wish I had some pictures to go with this post. Daddy and Mr. Mister have been having many outdoor adventures together recently and the little man is definitely picking up his daddy's love for all of these activities. Here are some of the fun things they have done:
  • One night while I was making dinner, they went on a hike in the woods behind our house in the dark with Daddy's headlamp. Mr. Mister loved wearing it and wasn't scared at all to be in the woods at night.
  • Another night when I wasn't home, they packed Mr. Mister's Thomas the Train backpack and went "camping" in the tent in his room. They curled up in sleeping bags and told stories in the dark with just the headlamp on.
  • During our last big snow storm, Daddy took Mr. Mister down the hill behind our house on his snowboard. He loved it and now pretends to snowboard even inside.
  • Today, Daddy took a break from working (the beauty of working at home!) to take Mr. Mister sledding on the tiny bit of snow that was left. But, Mr. Mister didn't want to sled, he wanted to snowboard. So he stood up on the sled and went down the hill like he was snowboarding. No fear. (I keep reminding myself that somehow Daddy never broke a bone with all the crazy things he did, so there's hope!).
I love that they are so similar and that they share all these fun times together. The best part is that Daddy has just as much fun doing everything as Mr. Mister does. He doesn't do any of it out of obligation but out of pure delight in being with his son. I love it. I am so blessed by both of them.

Here is one more way I can tell that Mr. Mister already has the outdoorsman blood in him: Tonight in the bath he was playing with one of his rubber duckies that has goggles on its head and he said, "Look. He's wearing a headlamp!"

No comments: