Thursday, January 14, 2010

Learning so much...

...from me. Even the things I don't intend to teach him!

Here are two things Mr. Mister has said lately that are just repeats of what I've said to him a million times. It just shows that they really are listening even when they don't act like it!!

  • Usually I let him crack eggs into the bowl when we are cooking and he does a really good job for a 2 year old. But there is always some kind of egg yolk mess afterwards. So the other day, after I finished cracking some eggs, he said, "Don't touch anything! Just wash your hands!" He is already picking up on my slight obsession with avoiding raw egg and meat germs...not sure if that is good or bad.

  • Today he said to me, "I say no and you say okay, I trust you.'" Haha....who is in charge here? He definitely thinks he is, but at least he's learning what we're trying to teach him (even if he has yet to say this well conditioned response when I actually tell him no).

1 comment:

Megan said...

haha, I'm just waiting for Mayo to talk so she can start reflecting all the things I wish she WOULDN'T learn from me!

I really like the "OK I trust you" thing:) Maybe we'll steal it! Sheila also told me once that after she told her kids something she taught them to say, "Yes mom, with a smile on my face and a happy heart!" Or something like that, I'm probably butchering it. But I thought that was cute because it teaches them to obey with a happy heart:) Mr. mister will get there! It's a good thing he has dedicated parents to teach him this!