Thursday, December 3, 2009

Reality

I just wanted to note that today I had to actively recall to my mind the thoughts I wrote last night. Overall, it was a good day, but there were a few instances that I had to choose to remind myself of my realizations. It felt really good to choose that mindset instead of defaulting to the emotions that come more naturally. So I'm encouraged that my post last night won't be a temporary thought but one that brings lasting change to my interactions with Mr. Mister and my life long relationship with him.

Thanks for the encouraging comments. I think all moms are in the same boat to some extent and it's so healthy to be honest about how we feel instead of trying to convince everyone else (and ourselves) that we just love being a mom all the time.

Coming soon...jumping out of the depths of my mind and back to fun stories of Mr. Mister!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

haha.. after i read that post you wrote last night I prayed for you and against the attacks from the enemy I assumed that would be coming today (he can be so predictable in his attacks!!). I am glad you choose to accept "realizations" as truth. Your a great mom!!

Amy Brunner said...

Thank you for making the rest of us moms feel 'normal' at times. I think all moms struggle with this. And myself also being a mom of a strong-willed child, I'm looking at it in the respect that God is trying to teach me something. Something at this point I do not understand nor can I comprehend, but one day I will get it :)