Monday, December 21, 2009

It's a.....

Healthy Baby!!

I had my ultrasound today. Over the past 21 weeks, I have changed my mind a million times about whether or not we were going to find out what we are having. It really depended on the day so I kept saying that however we felt when we walked into the office is what we would end up doing.

So this morning I met my husband at the office after he dropped Mr. Mister off at Grandma's and I came from my monthly OB checkup. He showed up having decided we would wait. I showed up having decided we would find out! Perfect. So in our 10 minutes in the waiting room, we had a really good conversation in which my wonderful husband lovingly helped me realize that waiting to find out was really what I wanted to do the whole time. He's always so encouraging but is also good about challenging me to stick to my convictions.

Anyway, I am really happy with this decision (although I do admit that I tried to sneak a peak during the ultrasound to see if I could "accidentally" find out - I was unsuccessful). To be honest, before I really wanted a girl. But lately, I've had a new contentment with having either. So in the meantime, I'm really happy that I just have a healthy baby!

Okay, here are the pics. They are labeled and I added some of my own commentary so I hope you can figure them out! I think I'll share my reflections on the whole experience in another post so this isn't super long.


Look at it as if the baby is laying on its back and you are looking from the side. The nose is in the air.


Pretty clear and easy to see, I think. That's one good looking hand!


I like this one because the baby's thumb is up and its finger is pointing out. Adding a little spice to the ultrasound pics.


This is the calf and foot. The heal is at the top with the toes pointed down to the left.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! You have a beautiful baby!

hawleykj said...

So cool! I can't wait to meet my niece/nephew!

none said...

ha- very impressive you stuck to your guns!

xo, Linds