Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mr. Independent

Some examples of Mr. Mister's growing independence:

  • The other day, he was having some "room time" when all of a sudden, I heard the toilet flush. I went upstairs and there he was, standing by the toilet without any pants on. He looked at me and said, "I was just flushing the poop out of my diaper." Sure enough, he had taken his diaper off, flushed the poop down the toilet, and thrown the diaper in the garbage can. While I appreciate his ability to do this by himself, my first thought was, "If you can dispose of your own poopy diaper, you should be using the potty!"
  • Last night, about 45 min. after we put him in bed, Daddy went up to check on him. There he was in his rocking chair, reading a book. He said,"I just wanted to read this" with a very convincing face and tone of voice.
And lastly, here are pictures of other expressions of his independence.

I don't think this is what Papa had in mind when he built him this sandbox.


This is how I found him when I went to check on him after I had put him down for his nap. I have no idea how he got in there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: