Monday, May 10, 2010

The Arrival

After a really long and painful labor and delivery experience with Mr. Mister almost 3 years ago, I was getting a little anxious toward the end of this pregnancy as I wondered what was to come. I had been praying a lot about it and was hoping that what they say is true - the second one goes much faster.

To my shock, surprise, and much delight, what they say is true, at least for me it was.

1:35pm - I checked into the hospital
1:45pm - My water broke (very good timing...not in the car!)
3:35pm - I started pushing
3:53pm - He was born!

It was so fast and fairly easy (as far as childbirth goes). As I was in labor, Daddy and I were talking about which was harder - running a marathon or giving birth. As a contraction hit, I decided childbirth was much harder. But, after Baby was out only a couple hours later, Daddy reminded me that I'd still be running the marathon. I still don't know my answer, but I do know this - you can stop running a marathon, but a baby's going to come out one way or the other.

I'll blog more later about how the first week has been (it's been an adjustment for sure). I also need to decide on a blog name for Baby and maybe, just maybe, I'll update my blog background some day since it's been the same for 3 years. But that is very low in the priority list right now!

Here's a rare picture of Baby with his eyes open!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a sweet picture!!!