Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and other happenings...

We had a very fun Thanksgiving with the family in PA. As always, Mr. Mister had a blast playing at Grandma and Papa's house and loved all the attention he got from everyone there. He still has a special place in his heart for his cousin Beybeth, who he adores.

While we were there, Daddy got to go to see his favorite professional hockey team play and he got to play football with a bunch of guys on Thanksgiving morning. So he was refreshed by those fun events and I was refreshed by sleeping in til 10:00 on Friday morning! What a treat. Thanks, Grandma and Papa, for taking on the Mr. Mister morning duty.

When we left, Mr. Mister cried and said, "No want to go home. Go back to Grandma and Papa's house." Even today as we drove home from the grocery store, he said he didn't want to go home because he wanted to go to their house. So sweet. It reminds me of when I used to cry as we left my grandparents' house in New Jersey.

We got home Saturday at 5:30 and Daddy and I left at 7 to go to my 10 year high school reunion. I had debated going, but am really glad I did. It was fun to see some people I haven't seen in a long time. But what was really amazing is how old everyone has gotten! I thought we'd only stay for a couple hours, but by midnight, Daddy was dragging me out of there.

So, needless to say, we have been exhausted the last couple days and Mr. Mister is adjusting back to a schedule and life without grandparents. Not fun. He woke up at 10pm last night and wouldn't go back to sleep. Today was full of whining, resisting, and not good choices. I'm hoping it's all part of the transition back home. (with a little 2 year old normalness thrown in there as well).

No comments: