Friday, November 6, 2009

Sweet Boy

Tonight as I left to go to my friend's visitation, Mr. Mister asked where I was going. I told him that I was going to see my friend who went to be with Jesus. When I came home, he said, "Mommy, go see Jesus your friend?" It was so sweet and innocent and brought a smile to my sad heart.

On a happier and funnier note, here are other cute things he's been saying:
  • Tonight about 5 minutes after we put him to bed, he yelled "Mommy! Hug! Hug! Hug!" I went up there and he was standing up with his arms wide open. I gave him a hug and he said, "Love you, Mommy" and laid down. Then 5 minutes late I heard him again. "Mommy! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" I went up and gave him a kiss. He laid down and went to bed. So sweet. And a very effective stalling tactic. He knows Mommy can't turn down calls for hugs and kisses.
  • He has started singing in a really cute, high voice. His favorite is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He also sings Rock a Bye Baby. It's fun to hear him really sing, not just say the words.
  • He now knows when he's sad. He'll say, "Mommy, Mr. Mister sad." If I ask him why, his answer is usually, "Because Mr. Mister want Mommy." (If you haven't noticed, he always talks in the third person.) I'm not sure why that's always his answer, since I'm always with him. But it is cute.
  • He's learning some Spanish words. He used to hate when I tried to talk to him in Spanish, probably because it was harder to understand. He'd say, "Mommy, no talk in panish." But we got a couple fun books and he's learned a few words. We get really excited when he says them, which makes him proud of himself and willing to keep trying.
  • He also talks in his sleep, loudly enough that it wakes me up! One night he yelled, "Mr. Mister want yogurt. No, Mommy's yogurt." Another night he said, "Mr. Mister want apple. No, big apple." It was really clear and loud. I laughed out loud that he was saying those things at 3am. I guess he has some good dreams :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

so sweet.. I remember he kept wanting me to read the spanish curious george book.. so I just made up my own words to each page bc I couldnt read in spanish!! So fun you are teaching him another language! :)