Sunday, November 15, 2009

victory

I really should be in bed because we were up way too late last night. But, I had to share a little of the surface level joy that came today in the victory of my football team over my husband's. For the second time this season. Which hasn't happened since 1998.

I want to be a gracious winner and not boast, but after years of misery for my team and years of dominance by his, it just feels really good to have beaten them again. So yes, all you rival fans, say what you will about how many super bowl trophies you have or how many other years you have beaten up on our miserable teams, but at least for today, let us enjoy the rare feeling of being victorious instead of being dominated.

On that note, I do have to praise my husband for being extremely gracious in the loss. He didn't complain or make excuses or bring up the past, he just congratulated us and let us be happy. So thanks, husband, for being such a rare rival fan!

Okay, for all of you who don't care at all about football, sorry for wasting your time. But for anyone who has experienced the years of defeat as a fan of this team, enjoy the victory.

1 comment:

Megan said...

WHO-DEY!!! At first I thought you were talking about some sort of league you guys were in playing football against each other. I thought I was learning something new about you guys! Then I realized who played yesterday...and who won!!!