Thursday, July 2, 2009

still here...

I feel disconnected from my blog and my blog readers so even though I don't have pictures to post yet (they are downloading onto my computer as I type) I thought I'd write an update as to all that's been going on.

We definitely jumped right back into life after vacation. The day after we got home we started a summer kid's camp at the apartment complex where we started our church/ministry. If you don't know about that, that's a whole blog post in itself. The short story is that a year ago God put it on our hearts to make a difference in our community, so with some friends we started loving the people of a very marginalized part of town. We have a huge desire to see this particular place transformed and lives changed by Jesus. So we hang out there a lot and are getting to know people. We're a very non traditional church - because we believe the church is where the people are, even if it's not in a building on Sunday mornings.

So yeah, the kid's camp is Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays for a few hours, which is super fun but it wears me out! I've ended up taking naps when Mr. Mister does. As a result, I have fallen behind on life's responsibilities.

We're also in the process of painting our whole house (the inside) and last week my mom took Mr. Mister for an entire day so I could paint. I ended up doing Mr. Mister's room and the family room and stairway. It was a LONG day of painting. I probably tried to do too much (like normal). But the house is looking fresh and new and feels great.

I also had to have a medical procedure done this week, but everything turned out to be okay and I'm glad to have it over.

In other good news, I officially finished my last real class for my master's degree! I still have a teaching practicum in the fall for 8 weeks, but the end is in sight! For now, I'm enjoying a break until the end of August - I finally get Mr. Mister's nap times to do other things besides school work. Yay!

One more thing - my wonderful husband gets to give the sermon at church this Sunday (the other church we go to). If you live around here and want to go, he'd love to see you there!

So that's the update of our busy lives - and all the reasons I've been MIA on my blog. But don't worry, I'm still committed to bringing you all of the highlights of Mr. Mister's life! He is super cute as always and is talking so much. His new favorite phrase is "What the heck!" More stories to come...

No comments: