Friday, July 31, 2009

More Swimming Lessons...

Okay, so I may just do a daily documentary on swimming lessons. Just because something cute happens every day!

Yesterday, my mom came to watch the lesson, which Mr. Mister and I talked about all week. The three previous days he was so excited to show Grandma how he could kick and blow bubbles. But yesterday was the fourth day in a row, which is a lot when you're not even 2. So he was tired and didn't want to do anything! It took some coercing to get him to kick using the turtle kickboard and to blow bubbles. But he finally did them both and showed off all his skills. (although he still cried when I tried to put him on his back to float).

The cutest part was at the end when the kids had life jackets on. We went to the 4 foot deep area and had them jump off the wall to us and then let them practice floating. But they don't just jump in. First, we sing, "Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall!" Then they jump.

So Mr. Mister jumped in and immediately said, "More Dumpy Dumpy?" (because jumping into the pool is in his top 5 favorite things in the world). So while the other kids were floating around, I put him up on the wall and started singing again. He stopped me and said, "No! Sing Dumpy Dumpy." I thought I was singing it! I finally realized that he wanted everyone to sing again. So another mom and the two teachers came over and sang with me, which pleased Mr. Mister and he jumped in. Who runs the show around here anyway??

Here are some pics my mom took....






If you look carefully, you can see the bubble he's blowing!


Here's a video of him kicking with the kickboard.
(The camera is a little old so there's no sound)

3 comments:

Megan said...

That is so cute! I was just about to say we need some pictures of these swim lessons:)

hawleykj said...

SO cute!!! Maybe I'm biased, but that's one adorable kid.

Elizabeth said...

wow!! he is so fast!!