Thursday, July 16, 2009

Discipline

As a result of Mr. Mister's choices tonight, he had to go to bed right after dinner (which was 8:00 anyway) without rocking or reading books. This was devestating. To him and to us. We love that connection time before bed just as much as he does.

He screamed in his crib for what seemed like forever but was probably only 20 minutes. I thought back to when we were trying to get him to sleep through the night and let him cry one night for 2 hours. For some reason, tonight seemed so much worse. I even started crying.

Finally, after a long time of screaming, I went into get him. We felt like he had already experienced enough pain of a bad choice and it sounded like he was too worked up to calm down at all.

As he collapsed into my arms out of exhaustion, I started crying. I just love this little guy so much and hate when he hurts. It was a sweet time of rocking together and singing him to sleep.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

aw i am sorry!! How sad! I almost started crying reading the post. :)

The Hamons said...

I know how you feel! I've had to put Evan in time out right before rocking time before bedtime and it sucks!

Elizabeth said...

oh yeah, also thanks for posting things like this. It helps to know even mr. mister (who is an angel in my eyes) can get in trouble. NIce to know the realities of parenting.