Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Straight from the mouth of Mr. Mister

I just love this process of him learning how to talk. He says the cutest things and always surprises us with words we didn't know he knew. Some of the fun things he's said recently are:

  • Reaching his arms up to me, he says, "Mommy, hold you?" Of course, he means, "Hold me." But because I've always said, "Do you want me to hold you?" he says hold you too. Adorable.

  • He was looking in the full length mirror in our room, talking to his reflection. He then said, "Bye bye!" and left the room. He walked away and started saying bye bye to everything he saw. "Bye bye door. Bye bye wall. Bye bye bed. Bye bye potty."

  • He learned the word ladybug from a magazine we read. So the other day, we had a friend in the car (who was a lady) and after she got out, he told me "Ladybug sit" as he pointed to where she sat. How cute is that? Calling a lady a ladybug!

  • When anything falls he says in a very worried sounding voice, "Oh my!"

  • On Saturday, Daddy went to meet a friend for coffee in the morning. Two days later, Mr. Mister said, "Daddy meeting Joe coffee." I thought that was pretty good both for his memory and his words. The best part is that he says it with a big smile, knowing he's impressing us.
  • One night as he was getting in the bath, he randomly said, "Bald eagle." It of course took me by surprise but I realized he learned it from the Little Einsteins video he likes to watch. (See, TV isn't all bad!)

No comments: