Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Watch This!

While we were on vacation, Mr. Mister learned how to say, "Watch this!" He said it for the first time as he tried to jump off the bed into his pack n' play. (Thankfully, Daddy caught him and we quickly moved the pack n' play away from the bed.)

It sounds more like wad dis but he says over and over as he does something like spin in circles or roll on the ground, or his favorite, crawl across the floor. It is so cute and I love that he just wants us to watch what he's doing!

The other thing he learned on vacation was the song Happy Birthday. We were out to eat one night when the table next to us sang it to one of their friends (horribly off key, even to me who doesn't have a good ear for music!). But Mr. Mister loved it and wanted them to sing it again (we made sure they didn't). So now "Happy" has replaced "Yay" as his favorite song. He requests it every night before bed. I always laugh as I am rocking him and singing Happy Birthday. Oh the things I never knew I'd do as a mom!

The last and cutest thing he learned to say on vacation was his first and last name! His first name is still missing the "s" on the end and his last name is a little off, but it is really good for a boy who's not even 2! I think it's adorable when he says it and he knows it. So he says it with a big smile on his face - it doesn't get much cuter!

i promise that pictures are coming!

3 comments:

Stinky Pete said...

I can't wait to see/hear Mister Mister's new tricks!

Elizabeth said...

you need to post a video of him doing all these cute new things!

The Hamons said...

Evan likes to remind me all the time: "I Evan"!! :)