Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Making us Laugh

I think that Mr. Mister just gets cuter as he gets older. He is cracking us up these days as his personality continues to develop. He is learning so many new words and is imitating almost everything we do. Here are some highlights of the things that make us laugh:

- He says, "shhh" and puts his finger to his mouth. He especially does this if he thinks someone is sleeping.

- He used to say "hum" when he wanted to say yes. So if we asked, "Do you want to go outside?" He'd say, "Hum." Every time he said it, I'd say "yes." Finally he started saying, "hum, yes." And now he is just saying yes! The way he says it is so cute. He nods at the same time and it comes out as "yeth."

- He loves to tell us who things belong to. He'll point to books, phones, cups or anything else he has seen us use and say, "mama" or "dada" depending on who he saw use it last.

- The other day, he took my cell phone, opened it up, held it at arm's length and started smiling. He was imitating how I take pictures of him with my phone! Talk about a 21st century kid!

- Something dramatically changed and all of a sudden he gets excited for diaper changes. We taught him to sit down on the floor and then lay back. So now he'll say to me "poo poo. ba" (meaning back). He'll run over by the diapers, sit down, and lay on the floor. Half the time he hasn't even gone poop.

- He loves when I do "this little piggy" on his toes. When I say the last "and this little piggy," he laughs before I even tickle him. After I finish tickling him, he says "please" and points to his foot. He wants me to do it over and over!

I wish you could all hang out with him. He is so fun to be with!

No comments: