Thursday, January 1, 2009

Catching Up

It's been a crazy couple weeks with traveling and me not feeling well, so I haven't been up on my blogging. I feel like there's so much I could blog about but I'll just give you the highlights and then post pictures in another post. Here's the recap of our last couple weeks in December:

- I had the annual Christmas cookie making day with my sisters and my mom. This year Mr. Mister and his cousin helped us out. Or played in the flour...whatever you want to call it. See pictures in the next post...it was very cute.

- On Thursday, the 18th, we had to take Mr. Mister to the emergency room at 4:30am. He woke up gasping for breath and ended up having a bad case of croup. It's common in little kids but was scary nonetheless. After taking steroid medicine and receiving an oxygen treatment, he was fine. I was so proud of him - he was very brave. We had to wait in the small room for 3 hours after his treatment so they could monitor him and he did an excellent job staying still and calm. (that has never happened before!)

- We celebrated Christmas with my family on the 20th and had a lot of fun just relaxing with everyone for the day. Mr. Mister loved opening his presents and made his excited face every time he opened a gift.

- We headed to PA on Christmas Eve and enjoyed a wonderful 5 day visit with family there. Mr. Mister ruled the roost and loved spending time with his grandma and grandpa and aunt, uncle, and cousin. He did a great job with all the family gatherings, although he did bite one of his second cousins and developed a little crush on another. We'll have to work on both of those!

- I finally got to meet my new nephew yesterday! He was a cute little bundle, all swaddled in his blanket. I forgot how tiny new babies are! But I forgot my camera. I'll have to get pictures from my sister.

- We enjoyed spending a couple days this week with my parents, who just returned from a week in Colorado with my brother's family. So they got to see all 6 grandchildren in two weeks...a fun treat for them!!

I am so thankful for both of our families who support us, love us, and help us with Mr. Mister so much. Despite the ER scare with Mr. Mister and some health struggles for me these past couple weeks, it has been a wonderful December, enjoying our family and welcoming new life!!

No comments: