Sunday, November 25, 2007

Painful...

I went to the dentist last week to have some cavities filled. I take very good care of my teeth, so I'm blaming these on being pregnant (for a variety of reasons) and on not going to the dentist in 2 years, since our dental insurance ended when I stopped teaching.

When I dropped Mr. Mister off at my sister's before my appointment, I mentioned to her how I was nervous for the shot of Novocaine in my gums. She laughed and reminded me that I just went through CHILD BIRTH. Oh, yeah. Pain is all relative now. But, getting cavities filled is no walk in the park...it's not exactly comfortable and enjoyable. So I had to laugh when I went to check out and pay after my appointment and the nice woman at the desk prefaced the total cost by saing, "Now this is the painful part." You know it's bad when the cost is more painful than getting the cavities filled!!

Lesson learned. Some things, such as routine dental care without dental insurance, are worth paying for even when they seem too expensive at the time. It costs a lot more to fix things later.

No comments: