Friday, August 17, 2007

Resigned to Patience

Well, Baby Tiderman is definitely in no rush to enter the world. I went to the doctor again this morning and I'm still only dilated 1cm. The doctor reminded me that I could still go into labor tonight....or it could be another week. She said that they'll only let me go 1 week after my due date before they induce me. I think I can handle one more week.

The freeing part of all of this is knowing there is nothing I can do about it. Everyone has their suggestions for natural ways to get the labor going, including the two most recent suggestions - eating Dewey's Pizza or eating cheesecake. I'm not sure I believe that either of those will help my labor, but both sound good to me :)

So...I have resigned to being patient, with full confidence that the Lord is in control and that this little one will come when he/she is ready to come. In our fast paced world where we get what we want when we want, it is actually refreshing to wait. How many things do we really wait for without needing to work for it in the process? And I was thinking last night about how kids these days are rushed into so many things...the school curriculum is more intense at earlier grades, they start sports so young, and so many grow up too fast in general. The last thing I want is to start pressuring my baby to hurry up before it's even born!!

With all of this considered, I've decided to not wish away these days in anxiousness but to enjoy them and allow Baby T to enjoy his/her warm and safe place a little longer before entering this crazy world.

2 comments:

Dysonick said...

wow, what wisdom...i hope i can be like you if i am ever a mom one day! it is so true that even small children are pressured to rush through things, and it seems like if you can avoid that now your starting off on the right foot!

you go tidermom!
~marisa

rebecca said...

I agree with Marisa. I love your patient attitude and your attempt to slow down to enjoy every day for what it is. The exciting thing to think about is that you will never be in this place again with this child. Once he or she is born, he/she can't go back inside your safe tummy!

Your positive attitude is so refreshing! It is so difficult to keep a positive perspective in this screwed up world! Matt and I are so excited for you guys!

-Becca-