Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Daily Updates

My mother-in-law called today to see how I'm feeling and suggested that I put a recording on my voicemail with the daily update for everyone who calls to check in. I considered it....I can tell people that I'm still pregnant, still feeling slightly uncomfortable, receiving plenty of jabs in the side as the baby has run out of room to comfortably move around, ready for the baby to come out, but over all feeling fine. But that would take away from the fun of talking to all the great people who call. My brother from Colorado called to make sure he didn't get passed over on the phone chain when I had the baby. My friend Katie from NY emailed to see if I'm a mom yet. Linds from Louisiana called to check in, Marisa emailed from half way around the world to see about any new baby news, my dad called from a business trip in Atlanta...So clearly the baby is not lacking in anxious people waiting for his/her arrival. I just don't think he/she is aware of how many people are eagerly anticipating the grand entrance. So we'll be kept waiting until he/she is ready.... and by the way, another reason I'm ready for the baby to come is so that I can call him/her him or her without the slash in between.




No comments: