Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Still Waiting and My Top Fives

Still waiting. I went to the doctor today and there's still no progress. So this baby may just come right on time. My mom and I decided as we looked at the calendar that Friday, August 17 would be a good day for Baby T to arrive, but I don't think I have too much choice in the matter. It would just be nice if he/she didn't come while I'm at weddings in Columbus the two weekends in a row before my due date or while Mark is working in Louisville Aug 8 and 9. Thankfully I have friends and family on standby should Mark not be here when I need to go to the hospital.

As I wait for my little bundle of joy, I thought it would be fun to reflect on my pregnancy and look ahead to non-pregnancy (which is hard to remember right now) with two top five lists. So here they are:

Top five things I'll miss when I'm no longer pregnant...
5. Parking in the "Expectant Mothers Only" parking at Babies R Us and Biggs (which, by the way, I think that every store should have. And even more needed are close parking spots for mothers with young children).

4. Using the excuse "I'm pregnant!" in many circumstances...the occasional craving, the need to sleep a little longer, not carrying anything heavy, justifying my need for a foot massage from my husband, etc. etc. etc.

3. Sleeping with Snoogle, my wonderful body pillow that has saved me from many aches and pains as I've tried to sleep only on my sides for the past several months. (Although Mark will probably be thankful to have more room after Snoogle is gone...he appropriately nicknamed Snoogle "the anaconda").

2. Pants with elastic waists...I love maternity clothes! There's never the dreaded feeling of your jeans being too tight. They just keep expanding!

1. Feeling the baby move around inside me. This is definitely the most incredible part of being pregnant.

Top five things I will NOT miss when I'm no longer pregnant...
5. The difficulty of getting out of bed, breathing, getting up from a chair, bending over, etc. etc. etc.

4. Sleeping on my sides...I am so excited to sleep on my back and stomach again.

3. Dietary restrictions...mmm, feta cheese, turkey sandwiches, and a good glass of wine.

2. Physical restrictions...I've enjoyed my daily walks, but I'm ready to run again. I need a good sweaty workout.

1. Trips to the bathroom every 5 minutes...I'll be glad to have my normal bladder back (which may only increase the trips to every 30 minutes, but I'll take it!)

No comments: