Friday, April 13, 2012

Catching Up

I haven't blogged in three weeks!  It is not for lack of blog material, just lack of time to sit at the computer. I guess that is life with a newborn.  I will post lots of pictures soon - some from the trip we took to the beach a couple weeks ago and some from my everyday life just hanging out with the kids.  (It has taken me a while to stop referring to them as "the boys.")  They make me smile even on days like today when no one wanted to take a nap but Mommy.  Thankfully it has been so beautiful outside so I have been putting Miss S in the bouncer in the grass while I play with the misters.

Until I can post pictures, here are some funny things Mr. Mister has said lately...
  • When the boys were playing catch outside with a ball, Mr. Mister said, "Can you help us share because we just steal it from each other."  
  • When I asked him to take a break from his computer game and sit with his sister while I ran upstairs, he told me, "I am just so twisted up inside because I can't decide which one I want to do."  Haha - he is learning to express his feelings!
  • After he lost a privilege because of his disobedience and disrespect, I was telling him how our job as parents is to help him learn to make good choices now because when he grows up to be a man, the consequences for poor choices are a lot more serious.  He looked at me with tearful eyes and said, "I don't want to be a man!
And a funny Mr. Newton story, too....
  • Many nights after dinner we have dance parties - these boys love to dance.  Daddy downloaded some songs we have had fun dancing to at recent weddings, including one by Usher that has become a favorite.  After realizing that the boys would probably pick up on the not so great message of the song, I tried to put on some David Crowder Band songs to dance to.  Mr. Newton looked at me and said, No! to a few of those.  So I put on the Usher song and he got a huge smile on his face and started breaking it down.  Then in a restaurant, that song came on and Mr. Newton's ears perked up and he said, "My jam!"  
I decided that if any other little kid knew an Usher song I would wonder what the heck those parents were doing.  And now I am that parent.  It is a really fun song to dance to but I know we probably need to redeem our family dance time so we are starting to include some better songs into our playlist!

No comments: