Friday, March 23, 2012

Never a Dull Moment


I added that tag line to my blog title because I feel like I've been saying that all the time lately.  Because it's true.  Between a newborn and two active boys there is rarely even a quiet moment until late at night when I finally crash.

Overall, the transition to three kids has been relatively smooth - it hasn't been a huge life change.  But it is hard.  Really hard sometimes. Especially during the days when I am by myself.  Taking care of Miss S and keeping up with the boys at the same time is always challenging.  Today Mr. Mister told me that having a new baby is hard because when we're in the middle of something fun she always wakes up and then I have to go get her.  Sometimes I let her cry a little to finish up with him so he knows he's a priority too.  But it's definitely a balancing act and something I am learning every day.

There is always some point during the day that I literally think to myself that I cannot do this.  It's too hard or I feel too stretched and I just want someone to come rescue me!  I have been really challenged to depend on Jesus in those moments and throughout the day to just make it through.  One day at a time is the advice my mom always gave me.  That is what I always think of when I am tempted to be overwhelmed.

The other day I attempted the grocery store by myself with all three.  Going to the store with just the two boys was always a challenge so I was pretty much expecting chaos.  So before we went in Mr. Mister and I asked Jesus to help us.  And I am not exaggerating when I say that it was a miracle - no tantrums, tears, arguing, disobeying, whining or frustration.  Just one baby who stayed asleep and two boys who listened and held hands and did what I asked them to do.  Seriously amazing.    My buddy Jerry who is the greeter was proud of us as we left and no one was in tears!

This week the boys have had a diarrhea bug, which is no fun.  Praying that Miss S stays healthy!

(taken before the boys were sick, don't worry)

4 comments:

jordan said...

the motto i go by is take it one minute... no.. one second at a time!! you are doing a great job!

jordan said...

this is eliz btw ;)

Steph said...

Good word. A few times a day I have a panic attack about having another baby. Glad to have friends like you who are following Jesus and are a few steps ahead of me :)

Nancy said...

I love that you prayed before going into the store and OF COURSE Jesus heard you!!