Friday, January 27, 2012

Getting Closer

We are almost there - less than 3 weeks until our new little one is due to join our family.  I realized I haven't blogged much about my pregnancy.  I guess that's what happens when life continues at a million miles an hour with two boys who are full of life and energy.

The other thing that happens is that we suddenly find ourselves three weeks from our due date with nothing ready for the baby.  Stress threatens to overtake me when I look at all of the baby things we brought home from storage at my parents' house still sitting in the back of our van because it has no place to go.  While I had hoped we would be in a new house before this baby's arrival, I am realizing that we will just need to be creative in making it work.  It's a good challenge!

As I've been tempted to be stressed and panicked about not feeling ready and organized, I have been so encouraged by the Lord's promises and faithfulness and the peace that is in Him.  It has been so good to go to the Word for life, encouragement, and truth when it feels like tasks and our house and baby things and clutter are consuming me.    My all time favorite Scripture is Lamentations 3:21-24

21 Yet this I call to mind
   and therefore I have hope:
 22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; 
   therefore I will wait for him.”

These verses have been foundational for me through so many seasons of life and here I am again refreshed by the truth of God's great faithfulness.

Through this time leading up to my delivery and the craziness of life that is sure to accompany life with three kids, I have been learning to pray instead of think.  Trying to immediately give thoughts to the Lord when they enter my mind rather than dwelling on them and trying to figure it all out myself.  Sounds like a basic spiritual practice but amazingly it takes effort.

As a side note, I love both of the baby names we have chosen.  It's kind of funny that the boy name is very common and the girl name is very uncommon.  But both have much meaning for us and for who we pray our baby becomes!

Stay tuned...

No comments: