Monday, January 23, 2012

Cool Books

Today I took the boys to the library and as we picked out books, I began to see a divide between what books I wanted to choose for Mr. Mister and the books he wanted to choose.  He loves to read and will still listen to any book I choose - I don't think he's ever found a book he doesn't like.  But the books he wanted today were "cool books."  I encouraged him to ask the librarian for help and here is what he said to her:

"We are looking for cool books.  Like ones about Batman, karate choppers or Superman.  Or any superhero."

Haha. As opposed to the Curious George and Llama Llama books I was picking out!  So we brought home some Curious George books and a couple superhero books.  I know he'll still be excited to read the ones I chose, but I'm glad he is excited about his books.  Even though it's hard sometimes for me to be excited about things like superheroes, I do love seeing his personality and interests continue to develop!

No comments: