Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Good Morning

It's 5am. I'm bouncing my crying baby in the bouncer with my foot, Daddy is cleaning raw chicken juice off the floor. Here's how it all happened:

3:15am - Crying baby wakes up to eat. He stays awake. Wide awake.
4:15am - I finally bring him down stairs to get a change of scenery.
4:20am - I walk into the kitchen to see the freezer door open. Grrr. Wake up my husband.
4:25am -While he starts cleaning, I look online and find that the USDA actually says you can refreeze meat if it was defrosted in the refrigerator (I think an open freezer is the same). Check it out.
4:45am - almost done cleaning. I pick up a bag of previously frozen chicken breasts and hear a splash as liquid pours out onto the floor. There was a hole in the corner - raw chicken juice.

That is gross anyway, but I really really really hate raw meat germs. I am overly protective (or obsessive?) about raw meat when I cook.

4:46am - With me almost in tears and baby still crying, Daddy gallantly finishes cleaning up the gross stuff and I resort to the bouncer and my blog.

5:11am - baby asleep. Mommy very tired. Daddy needs to get up soon for work and Mr. Mister will soon be awake.


2 comments:

hawleykj said...

thank goodness for grandmas! i don't know what you or i would do without her around! the funny thing is p said at about 5:30, we should call MO and see what she's up to. I'm sure she's awake :) We were joking... didn't know you actually were.

Steph said...

ew. what a horrible start to the day. What a blessing to have such a fantastic husband to help out :) I hate raw chicken. Every time I prepare it I don't think I'll actually be able to eat the meal. Hope your day has improved!