Thursday, April 29, 2010

Anonymity

When writing posts on my blog, I often wish it didn't have to be anonymous. It would be a lot easier to use names.

It wasn't always this way. I announced Mr. Mister's birth with his name and freely used everyone else's names too. But, after my laptop was stolen out of my house 2 years ago (while we were upstairs sleeping...creepy), I realized how precious identity is. And after random people from random places have left comments on my blog, I've realized that I only want to post pictures of my son online where anyone in the world can see him if I don't mention his real name. Probably a bit overboard, because I don't think that many people are concerned with what happens in my life besides all of you great friends who read this. But, it's a commitment I'm sticking to.

So anyway, all this to say that the drawback to anonymity on my blog is that when Baby comes, I won't be announcing his or her name on here. Don't worry, I'll make sure to announce the arrival and I'll post pictures. And I'm sure most of you will hear the news and name in some other way. If you don't, feel free to email me and I'll update you.

Thanks for bearing with me and my anonymity issues. And just a reminder...when you leave comments, please don't use any of our names...thanks!

No comments: