Monday, April 19, 2010

Things to Do in Two Weeks

Throughout my pregnancy, I have been surprisingly laid back about this baby coming, considering how big events like this tend to stress me out. But last week, the reality of having another baby hit me and I went into baby mode. Lists of things to do before he/she arrives, realizing that I need to dig out baby clothes and bottles and other things that I've stored at my parents' house, having at least some things ready so I don't feel completely overwhelmed when we come home. Because it really could be any day (although I don't think it will be).

I've tried not to drive myself (or my husband) too crazy. But I think I'm pushing the crazy line. So I need to remember that I can still get an oil change after the baby comes. And if the bathroom doesn't get painted and the lock on the back gate isn't fixed or the broken key holder isn't put back up in the next two weeks, life will go on. And the baby will still come. And I probably won't notice those things because I'll be feeding every two hours and trying to sleep or shower or keep up with Mr. Mister the other moments of the day.

But, I do have to admit that some projects have made me feel very organized:
  • cleaning the basement so I have room to store all of this baby stuff - check!
  • scheduled carpet cleaning - check!
  • scheduled a whole house cleaning (a wonderful baby gift from my parents) - check!
  • a new boy and girl outfit for the baby to come home in (a gift from one of the most thoughtful friends I know) - check!
Next up: Pack a bag for the hospital. That's kind of important!

By the way, I have had so many people offer to help me get things done in the next weeks. I am so thankful for the community of friends and family we have!

No comments: