Monday, August 3, 2009

Family 5K

On Saturday, we ran our first race as a family. It was a local 5K, held in memory of a high school student who died in a car accident a while back. This was the 10th running of this race, but our first time participating. It was so fun to do a local race with people from our community.

It was also a lot of fun to run together. Daddy and I used to train a lot together before we had Mr. Mister and haven't done much running together since because the little guy hasn't been a big fan of staying in the jogging stroller that long. But we tried it out a couple weekends ago and he did well, so we decided to try this race.

Daddy pushed the stroller, which slowed him down a little bit, but not all the way to my pace. So I ran hard to keep up with him and ended up getting a PR (my fastest time ever finishing a 5K)!



Notice that Mr. Mister has is own race number! He wanted one when we were putting ours on, so we made him a mini bib.


Here is Mr. Mister's new friend - a random guy that he just went up to and sat on his lap after first trying to climb on his back to do horsie!


Displaying my medal for 2nd place in my age group
(and sadly, I am on the upper range of that group!).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

yeah girl! You should be so proud for getting second.. esp if you were at the peak of the age group. I like how Mr. Mister is learning to smile in pictures. He looks so cute. :)

The Hamons said...

Congrats! and oh my gosh, he is so cute!!!! :) Just when you think they can't get any cuter, they do!

none said...

Congrats on your medal! What was your time? Linds

michelle said...

Thanks! My time was 24:07. It helps that I only have hills to run on around my house and the race course was flat.