Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vita Mix

Writing about my blender made me think of my new excitement about the Vita Mix.  (I know what this says about me!).   

One rainy day, Mr. Mister and I went to Costco to eat free samples for lunch.  While we were there, a guy had a huge booth set up, demonstrating the Vita Mix.  Usually I'd just keep walking, maybe stopping to take a sample.  But because we were in no hurry, I stayed to watch the whole thing (we were the only ones there until he started pouring the samples).  It was fascinating.  He made hot soup, a smoothie, and ice cream all in the same blender (not at the same time).  But what was really amazing was how he just threw in the items, not cut up at all.  When he made the smoothie he added whole pieces of fruit and then put an entire apple on top of everything else, not even close to the blade.  But in a few minutes, it was all a perfectly smooth and tasty treat.  Then when he made tortilla soup right after that with whole vegetables, I was really convinced.

I don't get excited about many things like this.  And I know it looks and sounds cheesy.  But it really is very impressive.  You can check it out here!  (Costco sells them for less than this website).

No comments: