Friday, April 24, 2009

A Hot Day

Today was so hot it felt like summer. We went to the park for a fun playdate with some other mommies and their kids and had lots of fun playing and running around. I think that every other mom who has been cooped up inside with kids all winter was at the park too.

By the time we got in the car to head home, poor Mr. Mister's cheeks were bright red and his head was all sweaty from wearing his hat (which he thankfully kept on!). I had to stop at the store for a few things on the way home, so I picked up some popsicles for a fun treat on a hot day.

When we got home, I was all excited to give Mr. Mister a popsicle. But before I could get them out, he had dug the bananas out from my shopping bag that was sitting on the floor and tore one off from the bunch. I tried to convice him to eat a popsicle instead (now that's an ironic mom moment), but he cried and just wanted the banana. So he passed up cold sugar on a stick for a healthy piece of fruit. I wonder how long that will last?

No comments: