Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Swimming

We were notified late last night that our electricity would be out all day today, so we packed up this morning and spent the day at my parents' house, where we could enjoy the AC, swim, and where Daddy could have power for his computer as he worked (he's officially self employed now!). During a quick jump in the pool after lunch, Mr. Mister was sitting on the step, splashing like he loves to do. All of a sudden, he lunged forward and slipped right out of my hands. I grabbed him quickly, but not before he dove completely under water. He came up blinking his eyes in confusion, but didn't scream or seem to be too afraid. I think he may have actually liked it, because tonight in the bathtub, he kept putting his face in the water, laughing as he came up.

At one point last weekend when we were swimming, I was in the pool and Daddy was sitting with Mr. Mister on the side. When I swam up to them, Mr. Mister reached out, put his hand on my face, and pushed. I played along, falling back into the water, which he thought was hilarious. He loved pushing me in the pool, which he did over and over. It was fun to watch him be so entertained!

No comments: