Sunday, July 20, 2008

Anniversary Surprise

Tomorrow is my parents' 35th wedding anniversary so my sisters and I organized for my brother to fly in from Colorado this weekend to surprise them. Since his wife and kids are in Hungry visiting her family, it was easy for him to make the quick trip. We told my mom and dad that we wanted make them an anniversary dinner on Friday night. My sisters and their husbands got their early to begin cooking and we brought my brother with us around the time we were supposed to eat. Daddy, Mr. Mister and I walked in, said happy anniversary and closed the door behind us. After a couple seconds, my brother walked in and said "Happy Anniversary!" The look on their faces was priceless. My mom almost dropped my nephew who she was holding and immediately started crying. If you know my parents, you know that nothing makes them happier than having their whole family together. So needless to say, they were both shocked and happy beyond words that he was there. He could only stay until Sunday morning, but it was a wonderful weekend and such a blessing to all be together.

No comments: