Sunday, September 16, 2007

What a Weekend

This was a big weekend for us with a lot of firsts for Mr. Mister. We were very social and did normal people things (as opposed to staying in our house while the world goes on like we've been doing since Mr. Mister was born).

Friday night was Mr. Mister's first football game. Sycamore vs. Fairfield...my alma mater vs. our now hometown team. In my 6 years of leading YL at Fairfield, I attended plenty of their football games so it was a little strange being at a high school game without being there to hang out with high school students. Anyway, it was the first day of colder temperatures so Mr. Mister was all bundled up and snuggled in close to Mark in the Baby Bjorn carrier, looking adorable as always. We met Grandma and Grandpa there and Grandma sacrificially held Mr. Mister for most of the game. It was a great night for football and we were so proud of ourselves for getting there by half time. We're still learning how to leave the house with everything we need in less than an hour. (Side note...this game made me feel a little old. The quarterback for Sycamore is a neighbor I used to babysit. And when Mark and I walked over to the Fairfield side, I didn't know anyone. I've officially cycled through all of the students who were in HS when I led YL there. Oh and I had a baby with me...that's enough in itself to make me feel old!).

Saturday night was Mr. Mister's first wedding. We responded "yes" to this wedding when I was still pregnant. "We'll just bring the baby with us," we decided. Last week when I finally made it to the grocery store with Mr. Mister, I thought to myself, "The grocery store was an accomplishment...how are we going to make it to a wedding?" We had to be on time...no arriving at halftime here. But we made it with 5 minutes to spare. We got an aisle seat in the back just in case, but Mr. Mister (all bathed and looking quite dapper in his Ralph Lauren polo outfit, borrowed from Caedmon) stayed asleep the whole time. He slept through the reception too, even though it was outside on a pretty chilly evening. Once again, Grandma willingly watched him the whole time at the reception so that Mark and I could socialize...and once again, I felt somewhat back to normal!

So after all of these outings, our plans to make it to church today for the first time in 3 weeks halfway fell through. Mark went. I stayed home...exhausted from so much activity. He took Mr. Mister to Grandma's (are you sensing a pattern here?) so that I could have a little quiet time at home. It was really nice. But I missed both my boys and was glad for them to come home.

So there is our eventful weekend. Mr. Mister did great. I felt normal. Mark carried Mr. Mister around like a very proud father. It was a good weekend all around.

1 comment:

Stinky Pete said...

Hooray for getting out! We're excited to meet the newest Tiderboy.