Thursday, September 27, 2007

Officially a Mom

Officially A Mom: Part 1
Tuesday night we were getting ready to meet my family for dinner. I was feeding Mr. Mister right before we left when all of a sudden I felt a little wet on my shirt. His diaper had leaked and soaked through onto me. Five minutes later, when I was burping him, he spit up all over my pants. After briefly considering changing my clothes, I realized that I would most likely end up with spit up on the next shirt and pair of pants, so why ruin two outfits? So I wore them both to dinner. And I wore the shirt again the next day. Officially a mom.

Officially A Mom: Part 2
Today I was changing Mr. Mister's diaper. Because of the tendency of baby boys to pee straight up in the air without a diaper on, I always cover "it" when I'm changing him. I had too much confidence in the no-pee streak we've been on and removed the covering wipe too soon. Sure enough, he started peeing and with nothing in reach to cover it, I automatically put my hand there to stop the pee from shooting up over everything. I sat there while he finished relieving himself on my hand and thought, yep, officially a mom.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

You are so cute, Michelle! As I sat here reading, I was just thinking of you and couldn't help but grin. Never being a mom, I didn't even realize the type of things a new mom would be dealing with! Thanks so much for sharing your life!!

hawleykj said...

hehehe! I, too, was over-confident with the no-pee streak today and got a hand full of pee. Those little boys will always keep you on your toes! You are such a great mom. Someday you'll look back at these days filled with spit-up covered shirts and long for them... at least that's what people tell me.