Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jasmine


It's a sad time in the Oppito household. Our faithful dog Jasmine has passed away. A little over a week ago my mom and dad had to take her to urgent care, where they ended up putting her to sleep. Everyone who knew Jasmine loved her. She was a part of our family for over 14 years and every day she was at the bottom of the steps in the morning or at the door when we came home. On Sunday, I went to their house for the first time since she died. It's not the same without Jasmine there.

I wish Mr. Mister could have met her. But when I think about the fact that we got her when I was in 6th grade, I never could have imagined that she would live long enough to meet my child! She almost made it...Mr. Mister was already born, we just hadn't made it over to see her. I'll be sure to show him pictures and tell stories...we definitely have lots of stories.

I never understood how people could be so upset after losing a pet. But I realize now that a pet like Jasmine quickly becomes part of the family. I never could have imagined that 14 years ago. Hers was a life well lived. We'll miss her.

No comments: