Monday, December 20, 2010

A Wife

It's hard to believe that Mr. Mister will someday have a wife.  We went to a wedding this past weekend and we were talking about how hard it is to comprehend that someday our boys will stand on an altar and commit their lives to a (very lucky) woman.  Oh, it makes me just want to treasure this time with them even more.  

When Mr. Mister was 2 months old, we went my friend's wedding and I cried when the groom danced with his mom.  I know...it's way down the road.  But I also know it will be here more quickly than I think.

So anyway, in light of all of that, here is a conversation to treasure forever:  

Mr. Mister: Can I have a son when I grow up?
Daddy: Yes.  What do you want to name your son someday?
Mr. Mister: I don’t know…maybe Mr. Newton?
Daddy: Who do you want to be your wife?
Mr. Mister: How about Mommy?  Mommy, when I grow up as a man I want you to be my wife.  Can you be my wife?

It makes my heart smile. 

No comments: