Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Tree and Concert

This past Saturday was quite eventful.  It snowed a beautiful, peaceful snow all day, which made for a perfect day for getting our Christmas tree and enjoying Mr. Mister's outdoor choir concert.  

In the morning we went to get our tree, which I thought would tire Mr. Mister out enough to get a good nap before his concert....




But despite all the outdoor activity, he did not nap. That never happens. He always naps.  Except on the day he really needed to.  Mr. Newton didn't want to fall asleep either.  Except he did, 10 minutes before we had to leave.

So off we went, having to wake up and drag out into the snow a cozy Mr. Newton and not knowing what to expect from our napless three year old.  We should have known...five minutes into our ride, he fell asleep in the car.

So upon arrival we had a not-so-happy baby and a sleepy little boy.  Mr. Mister woke up but never fully woke up.  He looked pretty tired on stage.  And I'm sure waking up to a performance is a little intimidating, too.

Here he is.  This was his expression almost the whole time!

(Side note - I had to intentionally resist going up and fixing his pant leg before it started. I didn't want to be the mom who cared so much what her son looked like up there. And plus, I think it makes the whole experience even funnier.  I'm sure we'll get some good laughs down the road when we look back on it!)

He showed some energy when they sang the verse of "This Little Light of Mine" that goes Hide it under a bushel, NO! I'm gonna let it shine.  He is always up for shouting NO!

Despite the tiredness, he did great.  Although later when we told him we were proud of him, he said, "What did I do?"  I think it was all a little foggy for him.

And despite the cold and snow, we had so many fun people come and support him.  I think he had half the crowd (which wasn't huge, but still!)




I am really thankful for the community we have here.  All of these friends came to see a 3 year old sing five songs in the snow.  We felt so loved!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

hawleykj said...

so the real question is... did Owen sing louder than Mr. Mister this time?! :)

Stinky Pete said...

I'm sad we missed this. We just bought C a coat on Sunday, so we weren't prepared to be in the cold yet!