Friday, December 3, 2010

7 Months



Mr. Newton...
Today you are seven months old. You are closer to 1 than birth, which means time is going quickly.

Your two front bottom teeth are now visible when you smile, which is all the time. You are so happy! Your smile takes up your whole face and lights up the room. It is such genuine joy that it makes my heart ache with an overflowing enjoyment of you.

In just the past week it seems like you have become so aware of what's going on. You know what you want and sometimes you begin to whimper when something is taken away from you.

You notice everything around you and you want to see everything, even bending almost backwards to catch a glimpse.

You move around really well for not crawling yet, although I think you'll be crawling in the next couple of weeks. You like to rock back and forth on all fours but then you fall when you try to move.

Today you started trying to pull yourself up on the laundry basket and the side of your crib.  You had a big smile the whole time like you were so proud of your new independence!

You also have started to cry when I leave the room.  Maybe it's the beginning of a separation anxiety stage.  It's actually kind of cute and makes me feel loved.  But it also makes me feel bad when I just need to get a glass of water or go to the bathroom.

You are starting to talk more.  I am hearing some consonant sounds, which I know will become words not too far down the road.  Your brother likes to talk in a high pitched voice and pretend it was you saying something.  Especially like, "I forgive you" when he says I'm sorry to you.  It's funny.

I could go on and on but I just want to remember what you're doing at each stage.  It goes so fast!  I love you and am thankful you are part of our family!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: