Thursday, December 9, 2010

Family Dancing

One of my favorite things we do as a family is dance together.  We love just turning on some fun music and going all out.  Mr. Mister is, of course, all into it and even Mr. Newton will now sit and wiggle and move his arms when the music comes on!

We have two favorite songs.  The first is Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis.  Usually I hold Mr. Mister and he pretends to twirl me around.  It's so sweet.  The other day he was coloring and I was doing some work on the computer and that song came on.  He dropped everything, ran over to me and said, "Mommy, it's our song! It's our song!"  So we had an impromptu dance. Such fun memories.

The other song we like to dance to is Time Bomb, which is on a video on the Charity:Water website.  It's great because we get to have fun but at the same time, Mr. Mister has learned some global awareness from watching this video over and over.  The other day, he told me he was going to give his coins to help people get clean water.




Here are two videos of our dance night tonight.  The first is Mr. Newton doing his wiggle.  The second is them dancing together on the table with a dramatic jump off at the end.  Jumping off of things, I have learned, is a big part of raising boys.



2 comments:

Katie said...

cute videos! i love family dance parties!

Jess said...

We have a similar life right now mrs. Momma :). Eli's favorite phrase while I'm cooking in the kitchen is, "Shaka booty momma!!" He is a big fan of dancing to Ben Folds Five,I think because he likes the piano music :) So sweet to see glimpses into your family!!