Monday, September 20, 2010

Couches

I had lots of pictures and videos to post tonight but nothing is working so maybe I should just go to bed.  Except that I'm waiting for my husband to get home with a new couch and loveseat we just bought off of Craigslist.  I'm really excited.  We have had quite the journey through couches - we've cycled through 4 hand-me-down couches in the 4 years we've lived in this house. One of our most recent ones is a pull out sleeper without a mattress (long story), which makes it not so comfortable to sit on even with our attempts at stuffing it with old blankets.

I came close to buying new furniture last year but decided with babies/toddlers in the picture for another who knows how many years, it wouldn't be the wisest investment.  And after Mr. Mister recently drew orange "grapes" on one of our couches with his marker and Mr. Newton chose them as his favorite target for spit up,  I was glad I didn't have big bucks invested in them.  So anyway, these new couches are a good compromise - something new that we can actually sit on, but not expensive.  And best of all - MACHINE WASHABLE!  Apparently, the fabric can be removed and washed and dried.  Now that is music to a mama's ears.

Hopefully this week I'll be able to post pictures from our fun weekend visit from Grandma and Papa, a picture of Mr. Newton's new adventure (sweet potatoes!), and a video of Mr. Mister rockin' it out on the guitar.

No comments: