Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Final Stretch

As I predicted, my blogging has slowed down as I've gotten into my final class. Only 6 more weeks to go. It reminds me of a vivid memory I have of my first half marathon. My friend and I were 1 mile from the finish line, which seemed so close after having run 12, but I still knew I had at least 9 minutes more to run (probably more at that point!), which felt like the longest mile of my life because I just wanted to be finished so badly.

That's where I am now with school. I am coming up on 3 years since I started this degree, having done most of it since Mr. Mister arrived. So I can't even express the relief I will feel when I'm finished. 6 weeks is nothing compared to 3 years, but it's still 6 weeks.

I have been enjoying my time in the elementary school, though. It's been a lot of fun to be back in the classroom. And it helps that my wonderful friend is taking such good care of Mr. Mister while I'm gone! He really likes her and has adjusted well to her coming over to play. However, this is now his prayer every night at dinner:

"Jesus, Mommy go bye bye, Beybeth hold Mr. Mister." It cracks me up every time.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

aw I love that little guy!!!! Michelle you are doing great!! You are such a good example of how moms can still love their kids and husbands while juggling many things!! Only 6 more weeks! You can do it!