Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Library

I think that public libraries have to be one of the best kept secrets in the world. After every trip we take there, I am amazed that you can check out CD's, DVDs, and books for completely free. Not only does it supply all of our entertainment, it's a great place to go on a hot day when you want to get out of the house but want to avoid the stifling summer humidity.

Mr. Mister and I find all kinds of fun books in the children's area of our library. Our favorites are the touch and feel books and the Spanish or bilingual children's books. Walking through the children's books brings back so many clear memories of the excitement of going to the library when I was little and picking out new books every week. I'm excited for Mr. Mister to experience that as well.

We recently came across this CD by Elizabeth Mitchell in the children's area and LOVE it. It's children's folk music and all the songs are short and cute, but not cheesy or annoying. (I may even listen to it when Mr. Mister isn't around.) The first song is called Liza Jane, and every time we play it or sing it, Mr. Mister starts dancing! I highly recommend it.

No comments: