Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday!

August 22nd, 2007....
The day our lives changed forever. I am so thankful for Mr. Mister and praise God for creating him and blessing us with him. On this day a year ago, I could never have imagined the joy and fullness that he would bring to our lives. I know that he has no idea that today is any different from any other day, but I want to spend the day celebrating his life and all the things I love about him, which are too many to list here.

Look at this little guy...
Everyone says the same thing about how quickly time passes, but it's so true. After a difficult delivery with Mr. Mister and long, painful recovery process, I wasn't sure I'd make it through the first month (at one point, my mom was worried that I wanted to send him back!). Now we've already made it through an entire year. It has not been without its challenges, but those are greatly overshadowed by my love for him and and the joy I find in him. I often wonder what we did before we had a baby. I know it's cliché, but it really is hard to imagine life without him.

Psalm 139:13-16
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Here's to the days ordained for you, Mr. Mister...may they be filled with the knowledge of the One who created you, experiencing Jesus and the abundant life that is found only in Him.

Happy Birthday. I love you.

1 comment:

The Hamons said...

It's hard to believe, isn't it? Already thinking of Evan's 1st birthday two months from tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!