Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Really?

This has nothing to do with Mr. Mister...just an observation on life and how people sometimes seem to be in their own world.

#1 - We've all seen (and maybe have been) that person on their cell phone going through a checkout line in the store, pausing their important conversation to make the obligatory "thanks" or other such comments to the cashier. But, have you ever seen the customer AND the cashier on the phone at the same time? I was going through the line at the grocery store the other day and the girl who was scanning my groceries was on the phone the whole time, filling her friend in on the weekend's latest gossip. I was shocked! Then, the guy behind me came through, also on his cell phone, and they carried on the checking out business, both engrossed in their own conversations, as if nothing were out of the ordinary. Is this what our world is coming to?

#2 - Today I pulled into a parking spot in Target as I arrived to meet my sister there for our play date. We shopped, the boys played, we killed two birds with one stone. Anyway, it was 10:30 in the morning, so the parking lot was far from crowded. I pulled into a spot that had no cars on either side, which makes it a lot easier to get Mr. Mister and all of his belongings out of the car. Just as I put the car in park, a lady pulls into the spot RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Out of all the open spots in the lot. And not only that, but she parks completely crooked and right on the yellow line. I thought for sure she would fix it. But no, I watched as she got out of her car and walked into the store. So I squeezed out of my door and got Mr. Mister out from the other side, hoping that that woman was enjoying that little world of hers.

1 comment:

none said...

UGHH. The cell phone in the checkout line is the worst. I always talk to my love when I'm shopping, but ALWAYS get off before getting in line--it is just a common courtesy to the workers! Plus, after working at Panera, it is SO demeaning to wait on people while they are on the phone.

I can top that though...someone's phone rang in church last week, and I was silently seething...and then they ANSWERED IT!!! In the MIDDLE of the sermon!