Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Called Home

Thanks to everyone who prayed for Meredith this past weekend. I wanted to update you and let you know that she passed away this morning. From the posts her family has been writing on her blog, it sounds like the Lord's peace has been overwhelmingly with them these past few days. The joy with which they have spoken, even this morning as they shared such difficult news, is amazing. They are celebrating Meredith's arrival Home and they rejoice that she is finally healed and whole. If you have a minute, click here to read what they wrote this morning.


I guess the Lord healed her a little differently than we had all prayed for, but in the purest way possible. Following Meredith's journey, especially in the recent weeks, has reminded me that this life is not all there is, nor is it what we were ultimately created for. It has encouraged me to live life fully, loving people, knowing that I am not invincible and that none of us are promised tomorrow. And mostly, it has reminded me that God is good and He is faithful, even in the most challenging times of life...


"Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;

great is your faithfulneness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;

therefore I will wait for him."
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,

to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly

for the salvation of the LORD."
~Lamentations 3:21-26

No comments: