Friday, February 1, 2008

Separation Anxiety

I took a big step yesterday in motherhood when I left Mr. Mister in the child care at the YMCA so I could go work out. One of us had major separation anxiety, and it wasn't Mr. Mister. I did feel better when I saw that they had an ExerSaucer there, because right now that is his favorite thing in the world. So I knew he'd be okay, but I hated leaving him there with new people in a new place. More than once during my run, I missed him and wanted to go check on him, but I knew that was just a new mom thing to do and I resisted the urge. An hour later I was excited to go pick him up. Sure enough, he had played in the ExerSaucer most of the time and was just as smiley as when I left him there. No emotional scars from feeling abandoned by his mother...what a relief.

No comments: