Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Teeth + A Cold = No Fun

It was a rough afternoon with lots of crying as Mr. Mister is dealing with the pain of his teeth and the stuffiness of his cold. He can't breathe well and isn't sleeping well. I held him a lot and tried to distract him with fun things as much as I could, which worked for a couple minutes at a time until he remembered he was miserable. And, since desperate times call for desperate measures, we even watched a Baby Einstein video. It distracted him for a long time...he loves the colors and motions and music. The other night I put it on for the first time to keep our crying baby occupied until Mark got back from buying Baby Orajel for Mr. Mister's gums. It is amazing how the video instantly calms him down. We watched it in Spanish and I learned some new farm words. I can even sing Old MacDonald in Spanish now. The sad thing is that on Monday night after Mr. Mister finally went to bed, Mark and I continued watching the video. Yeah, we know, we need to get a life.

No comments: